No Microsoft Office on your PC or Mac? No extra budget to pay $70 per year for an Office license? Don’t fret! There are several Microsoft Office alternatives out there that support word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, and many more features. Best of all, these alternatives can be used free of charge!
Microsoft Office Alternatives
- Apache OpenOffice includes Writer for word processing, Calc for spreadsheets, Impress for multimedia presentations, Draw to create diagrams/3D illustrations, Base for databases, and Math for mathematical equations.
- Apple Pages, Numbers and Keynote provide free word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations for Mac users only.
- Atlantis Nova is a the basic free version of Atlantis Word Processor. It helps you create simple documents, such as reports, letters, essays, etc.
- Calligra includes Words for documents, Sheets for spreadsheets, Stage for presentations, Plan for project management, Flow for diagrams and flowcharts, and Kexi for visual databases.
- FreeOffice includes word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation applications.
- Kingsoft WPS Office includes Writer for word processing, Presentation for multimedia presentations, and Spreadsheets for data processing and analysis.
- LibreOffice includes Writer for word processing, Calc for spreadsheets, Impress for slide presentations, Draw for creating vector graphics and flowcharts, Base for databases, and Math for formula editing.
Did we make a mistake or miss something? Comment below to let us know!